This gentle and effective herb is great for acid reflux, helps with IBS, constipation, and other general gastrointestinal irritations. As well as soothing coughs and chest disorders, also lowering anxiety. SLIPPERY ELM, (Ulmus Fulva) comes in a capsule or powder which is easily mixed with water and has virtually no flavour.
Dr Axe, from draxe.com has written an article explaining in more detail.
Slippery Elm Takeaways
- It contains mucilage, a substance that becomes a slick gel when mixed with water. This mucilage coats and soothes the mouth, throat, stomach and intestines, making it ideal for sore throat, cough, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), diverticulitis and diarrhea.
- Slippery elm helps improve constipation, bloating, diarrhea and IBS symptoms; aids in weight loss; reduces stress and anxiety; may help prevent and treat breast cancer; and reduces the severity of symptoms of psoriasis.
- It’s even been used to heal wounds, relieve the flu or common cold, treat infected and swollen glands, wash and heal sore eyes, heal sores, make childbirth easier, and treat sore throat and coughs. It’s also been used to make siding and roofs for houses, fiber bags, large storage baskets, ropes, and cords.
- The inner bark is where most of the health benefits reside. This bark is dried and powdered to be used for medicinal purposes and typically found as tablets and capsules, slippery elm lozenges, slippery elm powder for making teas or extracts, and coarsely powdered bark for poultices.
- Link to full article HERE.
Right now 50% OFF Slippery Elm Powder 200g (Gluten Free)
(image from stylecraze .com)